Monday, February 18, 2008
A job

I went to the interview today for Childcare Network, and to put it politely I have decided that it is not the job for me. :) She said she was interested in hiring me as a trainer for their current staff. I see the need for the position there, but I don't want to be the one to take it. LOL The drive was awful, the center was not great, the staff were horrible, the pay was just OK. Just not for me. I got a call from the center that interviewed me on Friday and they offered me the position. I went ahead and told them I would take it. It's good money, nice people, nice center, good benefits, peaceful drive... why look any further? I just feel like this is the place for me. I am scared about the changes that are coming but I am excited at the same time. I am also using losing my job as a wakeup call to get my finances in order. I am using YNAB software to try to keep us on track as far as budgeting goes. The basic idea of the program is to live on your previous month's income instead of living paycheck to paycheck. I have to save a month's worth of income until I get to that point, but it will be great to know exactly how much money I have to work with for the month at the beginning of that month, if that makes any sense. Changes are coming. :) Hope it all works out!


akiko117 on 3:16 PM